PASSIONE

Per il design automobilistico anni ’60

Sellini Vespa

DESIGN

Pezzi pregiati

DESIGN

Pezzi pregiati

ARTE

Lavorazione artigianale

DESIGN

Pezzi pregiati

ARREDO

Attenzione al minimo dettaglio

Sm Design: For vintage and design enthusiasts, this is a truly original solution for interior design.

Sm design staff has been a passion for 60’s automotive design as a source of inspiration for this line of furniture: the starting point is the Fiat 500 and beyond.

The Italian icon of the economic boom, the most beloved utility in the world.

The front of the car is the leitmotif of Sm Design’s concept; Realizing the complete furnishing of the shops, whatever your business, we can help you find the most innovative ideas for realizing your dreams, starting from the small details of the car taken and re-adapted in stylish objects.

By visiting the site of our company you will find other ideas for the furniture, from the chairs to the beds, through the very original insignia of the exterior, The sofa and tables are the items that make up our collection.

Our artistic production aims to attract the attention of vintage lovers of an unrepeatable historical period with the search for beautiful at home and in the city. Summon distant feelings with a touch of nostalgia by crafting precious pieces with craftsmanship paying attention to the slightest detail.

Creations

Restoration

Our work of restoration of vintage cars has made many collectors and enthusiasts happy, who thanks to us have managed to revive their piece of history. The works we restored were guided during rallies and exhibitions, or even just around the city. In this way they did not only dream of those who guided them, but also those who came across it by chance, going around the city.

Historical curiosities

Historical curiosities

The “New 500” debuted on July 2, 1957. It was completely modernized with Topolino, its antecedent, as it was to be a cheap, economical, less pricey one. In fact, it did not immediately succeed, perhaps due to the delay in marketing, or the price of 490,000 Lire, however too close to that of 600 of 640,000 Lire. Another feature that perhaps did not take off was the lack of chrome, very fashionable at that time. The project was followed and relayed by Dante Giacosa, who at that time was the author of almost all the cars of the Torniese House. Unlike the previous cars it was a load-carrying car made of sheet metal, two doors and two only two seats. The line was pleasant and in its simplicity it was probably one of the reasons for its success in the following years. As Fiat immediately became aware of the consignment in marketing it, an update was submitted in October 1957. The range was split into two versions, one called “Economical” and the other “Normal”. The first was, in fact, the same one presented in July, with the difference of 15 horsepower engine boost. The second, in addition to the improvements in the Economy, had many additional finishes, such as mills along the sides, along the barebones, aluminum frames around the door windows, aluminum cups on the wheels, chrome frames around the deflectors And the headlights and the “new 500” aluminum lettering on the rear hood. From a functional point of view, descending door-to-door crystals were introduced, a small rubber padding for the rear panchettta and commands of the deviolci and coaxial direction indicators to the steering column. The price remained unchanged for Normal, while for Economics it was reduced to 465,000 Lire. With a transaction probably unique in the history of the car, the customers of the first cars were repaid the difference by a check of 25,000 lire. In March 1959, Fiat presented at the Geneva Motor Show with a novelty, the four-seat version of the 500. The intervention consisted of applying a rear metal half plate to improve the habitat, while the upper part at the front seats It was still open. There were other modifications to improve rear seat occupancy, such as lowering on the floor and two padding on the upright to prevent head bumps. The modifications concerned only the normal version, which was modified, called the “Open Roof”, while the Economics remained practically unchanged except for the Roof “Transformable”. In October of 1959 all four versions were applied to modification to the flagship to optimize the new Code of the Road. Virtually the grills were removed under the lanterns to place the position lights.

Contacts

Via Silvio Buonincontro, 67
80011 Acerra (Naples)

Tel. +39 081 3198029
Mobile +39 329 9230536
Email smgroup2014@libero.it